Summer Rolls Recipe from Vegan in 7 Cookbook
This summer rolls recipe is a light way to start any meal, or perfect as a simple lunch. Once you start rolling, they’re pretty easy – and fun – to make!
– 8 round rice paper wrappers
– 1 bunch of fresh mint
– 1 bunch of fresh (Thai) basil
– 1 cucumber, deseeded and cut into strips
– 1 mango, peeled, stone removed and cut into strips
– 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and cut into strips
– 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
1. Pour some lukewarm water into a heatproof bowl large enough for the wrappers to fit without folding.
2. Dip a wrapper in the water and hold for 5–10 seconds until it is soft and pliable.
3. Lay the wrapper on a clean, flat, surface and layer some of each of the remaining ingredients in the centre of your wrapper.
4. Fold in the left and right side and the part that is closest to you over the filling.
5. Roll gently but tightly so the roll keeps its shape. Place under a damp cloth and repeat with the remaining wrappers, then serve immediately.
1. These rolls are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with Tamari, if you wish.
2. To make these rolls more substantial, try adding sprouts, smoked tofu and/or soaked mung bean noodles.
Healthy vegan recipes with 7 ingredients or fewer; can it be true? Yes! Being a vegan can be easy, fun and totally delicious.
With more than 20 years’ experience in plant-based cooking, Rita Serano shows how cooking vegan doesn’t have to be complicated. She offers nourishing and delicious recipes with not a single fake overprocessed vegan burger in sight.
Vegan in 7 contains many delicious recipes that are vegan, refined sugar free and low fat.
Recipes taken from Vegan in 7 by Rita Serano. Published by Kyle Books. Photography by Laura Edwards.