Stuffed Seabass Recipe With Crab From Chef Kevin Curran From The Keadeen Hotel
This delicious recipe for Stuffed Seabass recipe with crab was created by Chef Kevin Curran from The Keadeen Hotel in Co.Kildare and it a perfect option for a light dinner.
– 2 Whole Seabass
– 100g Crabmeat
– 50g Finely Diced Carrots
– 50g Finely Diced Shallot
– ½ Clove Garlic, Minced
– 10g Coriander, Chopped
– 2g Ginger, Chopped
– ½ teaspoon Curry Powder
– 2 Sheets Banana Leaf
– 2 Small Sheets Parchment Paper
– 50ml Sesame Oil
– Salt & Pepper
– 200g Baby Spinach
1. Preheat oven to 160°
2. Take 2 whole Seabass, wash & set aside
3. Add Sesame Oil to a pan and heat to a medium temperature. Add Carrots, Shallots & Garlic and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add Spinach, Crabmeat, Curry Powder, Ginger & Coriander
4. Cooked all these ingredients together for a further 4-5 minutes and season. Leave to cool a little.
5. Stuff the cavity of the whole Seabass with Mixture
6. Rub the 2 pieces of Parchment with Sesame Oil & wrap Seabass in it. Place in oven for about 20 minutes.
To plate up
1. Place 2 pieces of Banana Leaf on Plates
2. Place whole Seabass on Banana Leaf & garnish with Sliced Lime & Chives.
Kevin’s first steps in cooking came when he was just 14 when he started working in The Loft Restaurant in Bunratty, but his real education came from Roger Porrott, the owner of Gooser’s Bar & Restaurant in Lough Derg.
Having trained at RTC Galway, Kevin worked in Germany before returning to Ireland to take up a position in McGrattan’s of the Lane in Dublin.
Kevin has been working in Keadeen Hotel since 2011, and the recent development works to the Saddler’s Bar & Bistro and the Bay Leaf Restaurant has injected a new lease of life into the dining experience at the well- known Kildare hotel.