Striking Piñata Cupcakes Recipe by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio
Enjoy a day of baking with the kids with this delicious and easy to make Piñata Cupcakes recipe created by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio.
Cupcakes are always a fun favourite, so why not take your baking skills to the next level and challenge yourself with this recipe. Recreating Siúcra’s and Catherine Fulvio’s recipe will create hours of enjoyable fun for you and the little ones.
Makes 12 medium cupcakes
– 120g Siúcra caster sugar
– 100g butter, softened
– 2 eggs
– 160g plain flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 2 to 3 tbsp water, you may need a little more
– 100g your favourite small sweets
– 250g butter, softened
– 500g Siúcra icing sugar, sieved
– 3 or 4 tbsp milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Pink or any colour paste (optional)
– 100g Siúcra rollout icing
– Siúcra Icing sugar, to dust
– 12 medium size cupcake cases
1. Place the Siúcra caster sugar and butter into a bowl and using the back of a wooden spoon cream until pale and fluffy (this will take about 5 to 7 minutes) or whisk in an electric mixer.
2. Add in each egg one at a time and whisk well after each one.
3. Carefully fold in the flour, baking powder and stir in the vanilla.
4. Neatly spoon the mixture about 2/3rd full into the cases and bake for about 12 – 15 minutes. They should be risen and golden brown and when a skewer is inserted, it should
come out clean.
5. Allow to cool completely before icing.
1. Cream the butter, Siúcra icing sugar and vanilla extract together using a wooden spoon or a mixer.
2. Add some milk and add your choice of colour paste.
3. Once the cupcakes are cold, using a teaspoon or cake corer, remove some of the sponge. Fill with sweets.
4. Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle and pipe over the top of the cupcake.
1. Sprinkle a little Siúcra icing sugar on a clean surface, roll out the rollout icing evenly and using a daisy cutter, shape the flowers.
2. Once the cupcakes are piped, place the flowers on top.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.