Strawberry & Coriander Clafoutis Recipe From Chef Shane Smith
You don’t have to wait for cherry season to make this delicious Clafoutis recipe. These fresh Irish strawberries suspended in a creamy coriander infused batter are a very welcome start to the summer.
– 400g strawberries
– 3 whole eggs
– 50g caster sugar
– 115g plain four
– 100ml milk
– 100ml single cream
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Grease your ramekins with butter and dust with caster sugar, set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 170C.
3. Whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk, cream and flour together until a smooth paste is left.
4. Add the coriander and set aside or 30 minutes.
5. Line the dishes with the strawberries and pour over the strained batter.
6. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until it starts to turn golden brown but still has a wobble in the centre.
7. Remove and allow to rest, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Shane Smith hails from Co Cavan and has been cooking his way around Ireland and further afield for the past 16 years, starting his training in Co. Donegal in Tourism College Killybegs and then extending his studies to Galway Mayo Institute of Technology graduating with a degree in Culinary Arts, specialising in Pastry.
Shane has been very fortunate to have worked in and ran the pastry sections in some of Ireland’s leading 5* hotels and restaurants. Shane can be spotted all over the country carrying out his fun, interactive demonstrations with some of Ireland’s leading chefs. In September 2015, Shane was honoured to be awarded the title of “Best Bakery Manager in Ireland” in conjunction with Shelflife magazine and most recently has landed a cookery slot on Sunday AM where he can been seen regularly bringing his natural flare and love for all things sweet from the TV3 studios into the nation’s homes. chefshanesmith.ie