Here is a recipe for a strawberry cinnamon swirl loaf cake, which is a mouthful to say and this is highly addictive so it’s sure to be eaten in huge mouthfuls!
– 2 cups flour
– 1 cup sugar
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– 3 tablespoons softened butter
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup greek yoghurt
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup of sliced strawberries
1. Grease and flour a loaf tin. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. In a mixing bowl, soften the butter with your mixer until pale. Add the sugar and beat until combined.
3. Add the eggs one at a time.
4. Add the vanilla extract and Greek yogurt.
5. Now sift in the flour and baking powder.
6. Add in the cinnamon.
7. Fold in the strawberries.
8. Pour the batter into the tin and with a knife, trace the figure ‘8’ back and forth – this creates the swirl!
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
It’s fairly appropriate that with the name Carmel, I have a strong interest in food!
I grew up in San Francisco and spent my summers in Cork, two amazing food cities. I find myself currently living in West Cork and experimenting with recipes and taking of photos of food I have created, which is marrying my two passions–photography and food.
I started baking and cooking as a way to relieve stress in high school, and found out pretty quickly I enjoyed being in the kitchen. In April 2014, I attended Ballymaloe Cookery School. Since then, I have have been working in different kitchens across Ireland, London, and Italy, building on my education and building up my palette.
My Blog ‘Cooking With Carmel” is a reflection of my traveling and growing up in a family of seven kids. I hope I inspire you to get in the kitchen and get cookin!