Sticky Gingerbread & Walnut Cake Recipe from Glenisk & Flahavan’s Summer Collaboration Recipes
Two of Ireland’s favourite brands, Glenisk & Flahavan’s, launch Summer Collaboration
The leading Irish food producers have teamed up to develop delicious healthy brunch recipes for all the family to enjoy!
Two of Ireland’s leading brands, Glenisk and Flahavan’s, have joined together this summer to provide customers with simple and wholesome brunch recipes to create in the comfort of their own home. Ireland’s favourite porridge and best-loved yogurt have combined their tasty Organic products to bring you six no-fuss brunch recipes, sure to impress your friends and family this summer.
Since March, both Glenisk and Flahavan’s have seen the popularity of their products increase significantly as Irish consumers embraced back to basics cooking, tried their hand at baking and experimented with new recipes for their families. For many, this brought a taste of home when we were unable to travel or stirred up memories of a favourite meal shared with loved ones when we could not see them.
Sweet, savoury, nutritious and a little indulgent, this new recipe series from Glenisk and Flahavan’s has it all! The classic Porridge Bread, one of the unsung heroes of lockdown, has been given a tasty twist with cranberries, pecans and Irish honey; enjoy the perfect summer breakfast of Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats with juicy fresh peaches; or indulge your sweet tooth with a Sticky Gingerbread & Walnut Cake.
Marketing Communications Manager at Glenisk, Denise Sheridan said: “At Glenisk, we are a proud Irish family business with a focus on organic produce and working with local Irish farmers throughout the country. It is fantastic to team up with Flahavan’s, a fellow Irish business with the same work ethos and similar values as ourselves. The collaboration not only marries the Glenisk and Flahavan’s products together, it is also a reflection on how well suited we are as brands and partners, and we’re excited for this to be the first of many collaborations to come”.
Brand Manager Ireland at Flahavan’s, Suzanne Walsh added: “It’s a pleasure to work with Glenisk on this exciting collaboration, showcasing what two much-loved Irish family brands can achieve by working together during this difficult time. It’s clear from these delicious simple and wholesome recipes that our organic products complement each other extremely well and we are very proud to bring these tasty recipes to breakfast tables across Ireland this Summer”.
30g butter (melted)
300g Glenisk BIO Organic Low-Fat Vanilla Yogurt (for purposes of ingredient on-screen titles this can be referred to as: BIO Organic Vanilla Yogurt)
160g Flahavan’s Organic Jumbo oats
160g self-raising flour
60g maple syrup
1/4 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
60g halved walnuts
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line and grease 8×8-inch baking tin.
- Add the flour, ground clove, allspice, ginger, cinnamon and yogurt to a large mixing bowl. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, milk, molasses, salt to the bowl and whisk very well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and 40g of the walnuts, then pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Decorate by pushing the rest of the walnuts onto the top and bake for about 35-40 minutes until puffed up and the center is just set (ovens may vary). Use a skewer to test the center to see if it is completely baked.
- Pour over the sticky topping and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
1 tbsp water
20g maple syrup
½ tsp ground ginger
- Add all the ingredients to a pot and melt gently
- Use a skewer to make holes in the top of the cake and pour the topping over evenly and serve
Top with Vanilla bio yogurt, couple of pecans