The fresh flavours in the salad are the perfect match for this sticky chicken thighs recipe.
Time: 1¼ hours
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on, trimmed
- 80ml honey
- 40ml soy sauce
- 100ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablesp. sesame seeds, toasted lightly in a dry frying pan
- 200g medium noodles
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 75g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced length ways
- Handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven Gas Mark 3, 170°C (325°F).
- To prepare the marinade: In a large bowl mix together the honey, soy, water, garlic, ginger and a little black pepper. Add the chicken and mix well.
- To cook: Line a roasting tin with baking parchment then place the chicken thighs in the roasting tin in a single layer. Place the roasting tin in the preheated oven and cook for 45-50 minutes. Baste the chicken a few times while cooking. For the last 15 minutes increase the heat to Gas Mark 5, 190°C (375°F). When the chicken is cooked remove the roasting tin from the oven, place the chicken on a serving dish and sprinkle over half the sesame seeds. Reserve the cooking liquid.
- To make the salad: Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. Drain and place in a bowl. Stir through 2 tablespoons of the chicken cooking liquid, the lime zest and juice, red chilli, scallions, sugar snap peas, the reserved sesame seeds and the coriander leaves. Mix well, taste and season.
- To serve: Serve the chicken along with the noodle salad.
Sticky Chicken Thighs Recipe with Noodle Salad by Bord Bia