Steam-Roasted Salmon Recipe with Brocolli, Lime, Ginger, Garlic & Chilli
I could eat this punchy dressing – packed with fish sauce, peanuts, lime and coriander – slathered over almost anything. It works particularly well to cut through this rich salmon recipe, while the peanuts provide wonderful texture.
– 400g broccoli,
– cut into small florets
– 2 cloves of garlic, grated
– 2 tbsp sesame/ vegetable oil
– 4 salmon fillets (approx. 800g total)
– 2 spring onions, finely chopped
– 2½ cm ginger, grated
– 1 red chilli, finely sliced
– 2 tbsp fish sauce
– 4 tbsp vegetable oil
– 2 limes, zest and juice
– 30g fresh coriander,finely chopped
– 55g peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/ gas 6. Place the broccoli florets in a large roasting tin, scatter over the grated garlic, sprinkle over the oil and toss well to mix.
2. Pop the salmon fillets into the roasting tin along with the broccoli, cover the tin tightly with foil, then transfer to the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through to your liking.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the spring onions, ginger, chilli, fish sauce, vegetable oil, lime zest and juice, coriander and peanuts. Taste and adjust the levels of fish sauce and lime juice as you wish.
4. Remove the cooked salmon and broccoli from the oven and generously coat the salmon with dressing. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the broccoli, and serve immediately.
The Roasting Tin by Rukmini Iyer is published by Square Peg in Hardback at £16.99