Spring Bircher Muesli Recipe from Delalicious
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It is proven that people who eat breakfast maintain a healthy weight and regular fuel sources for your body to function optimally. As not everyone is the best morning person, I find this bircher muesli recipe the perfect option.
It is made in minutes and is a simple answer to a delicious breakfast as the oats soak up all the goodness the night before to fill you up come morning time with minimal effort and maximum reward.
– 110g oats
– 2 tbsp milled linseed
– 1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
– 1 tbsp flaked almonds
– 1 tbsp raisins/dried cranberries/apricot
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– Zest of 1/2 small orange
– 1/2 juice of a fresh small orange
– 150ml milk (use whatever variety you like natural/nut/rice/oat/soya)
– 50ml water
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl or Kilner jar.
2. Add the orange juice, milk and water.
3. Stir well together and store in the fridge overnight (if you think the mix looks a little dry or you like a more gooey texture just add more liquid).
4. Come morning, stir again to ensure well combined and serve with orangebsegments and a dollop of natural or Greek yoghurt.
After work and the football field, the kitchen is generally where you will find chartered physiotherapist and ladies footballer, Sinéad Delahunty. A passionate lover of all food, she shares her kitchen creations through her food blog – Delalicious. She focuses on inspiring others to fuel their lives through healthy, wholesome and natural food with quick and easy recipes for all. She is currently on a year out from work and football, eating and adventuring her way around the world.
Check out her blog, www.delalicious.com for more recipe inspiration or follow her on social media for more Delalicious delights.