Sprezzatura, Dublin’s premium spot for fresh, affordable and sustainable pasta dishes has just launched a Guest Chef Takeover series with all proceeds raised from each signature dish going directly to the Dublin Simon Community with the help of some of Ireland’s leading culinary masters.
Kicking off on September 1st, each week will see a top chef create a bespoke pasta dish for Sprezzatura’s two restaurants and patrons of Sprezzatura will have 7 days to sample the limited edition pasta plate before the next chef takes centre stage. All profits from the sale of this weekly dish will be donated to Dublin Simon in a bid to raise vital funds to support those experiencing homelessness in the capital and neighbouring counties .
The lineup which will be rolled out over a two month period includes;
- Eric Matthews and his Black truffle and 24 month aged Parmesan Casarecce Pasta
- Paul Flynn of The Tannery who has created a Rigatoni with Sausage Meatballs, Pepper Cream and Thyme
- Ashford Castle’s Hilary Casey with her Hassle back Beetroot Vegan Gnocchi
- TV favourite Gráinne Mullins, creator of a Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Daniel Lambert who has chosen a Paradelle Carbonara as his dish
- Lina Gautam from Monty’s of Kathmandu with her Cashew and Coriander Pesto with Goat Cheese Pasta
- Domini Kemp of Itsa Dublin with a classic of Spaghetti with Meatballs
- Pichet’s Harry Quinn with his Pappardelle Lamb Ragu
- Marcus O’Laoire with a Lasagna Bianco with Veal and Courgette
- The Gastro Gays with their Black Pudding and Stout Pappardelle
Speaking on the takeover, Thom Lawson, renowned restauranteur and Sprezzatura owner, is delighted to lend his support to Dublin Simon in such a meaningful way; “We are overwhelmed by the outpour of support for this initiative. Each of these show stopping chefs has gone above and beyond to create dishes that we know everyone will love. We’ve been long time supporters of Dublin Simon at Sprezzatura so we’re delighted to run this takeover series with 100% of the proceeds going directly to support their essential services.”
Located at 5/6 Camden Market, Grantham St, Dublin 8 and Mainstreet Rathmines, 221-223 Rathmines Road Lower, Dublin 6, Sprezzatura is open Monday to Friday 5-10pm and Saturday and Sunday 12pm – 10pm. Walk-ins are welcome! For an at-home Sprezzatura experience, order via Deliveroo. For information on Sprezzatura’s menus or for bookings up to 22 people, visit sprezzatura.ie. Groups of 7 or more will be accommodated at the high table at their Rathmines location, ideal for meals with friends and family or corporate outings. For larger group reservations email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up to date on all their latest chef announcements as part of the takeover and additions to their menu, follow them on social media @sprezzaturadublin and @dublinsimoncommunity.