Wild Basil and Spinach Omelette Recipe from The Food DNA
For a super healthy and nutritious breakfast, this wild basil and spinach omelette recipe is packed with chia seeds, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and alfalfa sprouts. So vibrant and so tasty, this is the perfect way to start your day the healthy way.
– 2 cups of spinach
– Basil to taste (I added 1 handful of wild basil)
– 2 eggs
– Salt and pepper
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– Cherry tomatoes
– Pine nuts
– Alfalfa/any other sprouts (optional)
– coconut oil
1. Blend 2 cups of spinach, basil to taste (I added half cup of wild basil), blend until liquid, add salt, pepper. Blend in 2 eggs, 1 tbsp of chia seeds – leave for 5 minutes.
2. Important point – to get all possible nutrition from spinach that you can, just squeeze a tiny bit of lime/blend in a little of fresh pepper to add some vitamin C. Spinach is iron-rich food, but it needs vitamin C to help us absorb it.
3. On a low heat fry the omelette with some coconut oil…turn around, another few minutes and done.
4. To top up this goodness, add toasted pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and some alfalfa.
With background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.