Spicy Salmon with Chilli Lime Sauce Recipe From Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio
Create an exciting summertime meal with Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio’s flavoursome Spicy Salmon with Chilli Lime Sauce recipe. Follow this simple recipe to give your salmon an extra kick, paired with a delicious chilli lime sauce!
Whether you’re entertaining, or in the need to whip up something quick and tasty, this spicy salmon is the perfect summer meal.
Spicy Salmon with Chilli Lime Sauce
For the sauce
– 3 spring onions, chopped
– 2 red chillies, finely chopped
– 2 limes, zest of one and juice of two
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
– 4 medium sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
For the rub
– 3 tbsp Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar
– 1 tsp paprika
– 2 tsp ground cumin
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 4 tsp onion powder
– ½ tsp ground black pepper
– 1 tsp salt
– 4 salmon darnes, score the skin
– 1 lime, sliced, to serve
– Coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat the bbq on medium heat (about 170C).
2. To prepare the dipping sauce, chop the spring onions, add the red chillies, lime zest and juice, stir in the Siúcra Caster Sugar, oil and add the chopped coriander. Mix well and set aside.
3. To prepare the salmon, combine all the ingredients for the rub in a bowl.
4. Brush the salmon with oil and coat with the spicy rub. Place the salmon in a fish basket which has been brushed with oil. If you haven’t one, ensure that the bbq racks are very clean and place skin side down over indirect heat ie not directly above the hottest coals (Or for ease, wrap the salmon in foil – you’ll have a different finish – less smoky – but it’s easy to cook the salmon this way on the bbq).
5. Check after about 4 to 5 minutes and then carefully turn over. Some of the skin may come away from the fish – place this on the side to crisp up. Bbq for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Transfer to a platter, serve the crispy skin as well and spoon over some of the sauce.
7. Garnish with lime slices, coriander leaves and serve with more sauce on the side.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.