Spiced Roasted Root Vegetable Soup Recipe By Monika Coghlan
No better way to warm up these wintery cold days that with a Spiced Roasted Root Vegetable Soup recipe! Get warm by the stove while preparing this steamy pot of comfort food at its best, Lunch or dinner, a creamy soup is always a good idea.
– 3 carrots, washed and chopped
– 2 parsnips, washed and chopped
– 1 sweet potato, washed and chopped
– 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled
– 1 tbsp olive oil Sea salt
– 1 tbsp fennel seeds
– 1 tin coconut milk (set aside 2tsp for garnishing)
– 1 l water 1 organic vegetable stock cube
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp ground turmeric
– 1 tsp ground cumin Salt & pepper Fresh coriander for garnishing
1. Wash and chop the vegetables, place them on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and fennel seeds.
2. You can add some provencal herbs if you wish.
3. Roast in a preheated oven at 180 C for about 40 minutes.
4. Transfer the veg into a large pot, pour in the coconut milk, add water and stock cube.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the spices, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
7. Blitz with a hand blender.
8. Drizzle with some coconut milk and garnish with fresh coriander.
‘People eat with their eyes ﬁrst’ says Monika Coghlan- a Recipe Developer, Food Stylist & Photographer based in Cork. ‘Whether it’s consciously or subconsciously, we use all our senses to make a food selection, with sight being the most signiﬁcant. The more visually appealing a dish is, the more appetising it gets. That’s why food presentation is so important’ says Monika. Monika loves experimenting with food and discovering new ﬂavours. Her recipes are simple and based on fresh accessible ingredients and seasonal produce. She’s convinced cooking from scratch doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. Monika strongly supports local Irish food businesses and has established relationships with many of them. Through her images, Monika combines her love for food with her passion for photography. Her photos are authentic and show food’s natural beauty.
For more info, updates on the upcoming events, seasonal recipes and mouthwatering pictures of food.