Spiced Roast Chicken Recipe with Quinoa Tabbouleh from Clean Eating Alice
Spice up your day with this roast chicken recipe with quinoa tabbouleh. A perfect healthy dinner to feel great inside and out!
– 1/4 tsp paprika
– 1/4 tsp ground cumin
– a pinch of garlic salt
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
– 1 vegetable stock cube
– 100 g quinoa, rinsed
– 1/2 cucumber, cut into small chunks
– 2 tomatoes, cut into small chunks
– A few sprigs each of fresh mint, coriander and flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
– 50 g pomegranate seeds
1 Put the paprika, cumin, garlic salt and olive oil into a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
2. Set aside to marinate for around 15 minutes. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 600ml boiling water.
3. Place the quinoa in a saucepan, cover with the stock and place over a medium heat.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until cooked through, adding extra water of needed. Drain and tip into a bowl. Preheat the grill to medium.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil.
6. Place the marinated chicken on the lined baking sheet and cook under the hot grill for 10 minutes, or until completely cooked through, turning halfway through.
7. Then remove and slice. Meanwhile, stir the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, herbs and pomegranate seeds through the quinoa and serve topped with the sliced chicken.
To buy this book visit, www.amazon.co.uk