Smoky chorizo salmon Recipe by Jamie Oliver
This Smoky chorizo salmon recipe is from Jamie Oliver’s newest cookbook, 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food.
Total: Just 11 minutes
– 2 x 150g salmon fillets, skin on, scaled, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
– 300g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
– 4 sprigs of fresh basil
– 8 black olives (stone in)
– 30g higher-welfare chorizo
1. Put the salmon flesh side down in a large cold non-stick frying pan and place on a medium-high heat. As the pan comes up to temperature and the salmon begins to sizzle (about 3 minutes), flip it over and cook on the skin side for 5 minutes, or until very crisp and just cooked (depending on its thickness).
2. Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes, tear up most of the basil leaves, then toss it all with 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Squash the olives and discard the stones, then finely chop the flesh. Mix with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a splash of water.
3. Finely slice the chorizo, add to the pan for the last 2 minutes, then toss in the dressed tomatoes for 30 seconds. Divide between your plates, with the salmon on top. Spoon over the dressed olives and pick over the remaining basil.
Jamie’s 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food is the brand new cookbook from Jamie Oliver. Cooking doesn’t have to be complicated – that’s why Jamie’s 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food is sure to become your new best friend in the kitchen.
It’s all about making the journey to good food, super-simple. Every recipe uses just five key ingredients, ensuring you can get a plate of food together fast, whether it’s finished and on the table super-quickly, or after minimal hands-on prep, you’ve let the oven do the hard work for you. We’re talking quality over quantity, a little diligence on the cooking front, and in return massive flavour.
Buy your copy at: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/305734/5-ingredients-quick-easy-food/
5 Ingredients — Quick & Easy Food by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House. Recipe © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, Photography
© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, by David Loftus (2017 5 Ingredients — Quick & Easy Food).