Smokey BBQ Ribs Recipe by Catherine Fulvio
Hands up – who doesn’t like BBQ ribs? My children can’t get enough of these. There’s hardly any left over for the adults!
– 12 pork spare ribs cut into 4 sections
– Extra virgin olive oil
For the marinade
– 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
– 200ml balsamic vinegar
– 2 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tbsp smoked paprika
– 1 tbsp tomato purée
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place all the marinade ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil on the hob. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until it thickens. Allow to cool.
2. Coat the ribs with the marinade and leave for at least 3 hours.
3. Preheat the BBQ to a low heat. Shake off any excess marinade from the ribs, then grill the ribs for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on their size. Brush with the marinade every 10 minutes.
4. Once the ribs are cooked, leave them to rest for a few minutes. Cut into individual ribs and serve.
Her cookbook Catherine’s Family Kitchen, contains over 100 recipes that are geared to those who love good food but have busy, modern lifestyles. Practical, easy to make and truly delicious, her recipes make home made cooking approachable and uncomplicated.
Catherine Fulvio is the proprietor of the Ballyknocken House & Cookery School, Co Wicklow and one of Ireland’s top television culinary stars. Her previous books Catherine’s Italian Kitchen, Catherine’s Family Kitchen, Eat Like an Italian and The Weekend Chef were all bestsellers.
Catherine’s Family Kitchen is published by Gill Books, and is available to buy on www.gillbooks.ie.