Pancake Tuesday is approaching and when it comes to the best breakfast ideas, Siúcra has got you covered!
These festive and colourful Confetti Pancakes are super quick and easy to make from standard ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry.
Stacked up a mile high and served on a small cake stand, these gorgeous pancakes can even double as a breakfast birthday cake.
- 280 g plain flour
- 40 g Siúcra Caster Sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
- 500 ml buttermillk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g butter melted, plus extra for cooking
- Freshly whipped cream
- Confetti/rainbow sprinkles
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract and butter.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. When it is hot, add some butter. When the butter begins to foam, add small ladlefuls of the batter to the pan (add as many as can fit in the pan without touching).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form in the centre of the pancakes and the edges are golden brown. Flip and cook for another minute until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and extra sprinkles.