Siúcra’s Apple Compote and Lemon Cream Pancake Recipe
Have a perfect Pancake Tuesday with this quick and easy recipe from Siúcra. Deliciously sweet and fruity, these pancakes are sure to impress your friends and family. Traditionally served on Shrove Tuesday, they can also be served as part of your weekend brunch and make a delectable dessert.
– 2 large eggs (beaten)
– 150g/5oz cream flour
– 1tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 250ml milk, or milk and water mixed
– 1tbsp melted butter (optional)
– 4 apples
– 100ml water
– 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 200g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
– 1/2tsp vanilla extract
– 1g ground cardamom
– 150ml whipping cream
– Juice and zest of 1/4 lemon
– 3g Siúcra Icing Sugar
– Butter or margarine for frying
– 50 g chopped walnuts for decoration
1. To make the lemon cream, whip the cream until you form soft peaks and then add the lemon juice, zest and Siúcra Icing Sugar. Refrigerate until serving.
2. To make the compote, peel, core and chop the apples. Mix the chopped apple, water, lemon juice and Siúcra Granulated Sugar in a pan and simmer until the apple turns soft. Add the vanilla extract and cardamom to the mix and stir. Add the flour, salt and vanilla extract and stir well.
3. For the pancake batter, gently beat the eggs with the milk. In a bowl, mix the flour and wet ingredients together adding the liquid a little at a time. Whip until you have a smooth batter and leave if possible for 30 minutes in the fridge. Lightly grease a flat plan and pour on 2-3 tablespoons of the batter. Quickly, lift from the heat and tip in several directions to spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook until the top is set and lightly brown underneath and flip the pancake to the other side.
Serve the pancakes with a side of up compote and lemon cream and decorate with some walnuts on top.