Pancake Stack Recipe with Orange Segments, Chocolate Fudge Sauce and Toasted Hazelnuts by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio
For the ultimate indulgence this Pancake Tuesday, whip up a batch of Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio’s Pancake Stack Recipe with Orange Segments, Chocolate Fudge Sauce and Toasted Hazelnuts.
This mouth-watering and decadent dish is perfect for a luscious breakfast or a satisfying dessert. The combination of sweet juicy oranges and chocolate fudge sauce make for the perfect plate of pancakes.
Serves 6 – 8 (depending on the size of the pancakes)
– 3 oranges, peeled and chopped
– 2 oranges, juice only
– 100g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– Pinch of ground cinnamon
– Garden herbs such as fennel fronds and edible flowers, optional
Chocolate fudge sauce
– 250ml double cream
– 4 tbsp. Siúcra Dark Brown Sugar
– 100g dark chocolate, melted
– 40g butter
– 300g plain flour
– Pinch ground cinnamon
– 60g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 2 eggs
– 420ml milk
– 3 to 4 tbsp water, if your batter is too thick
– 4 tbsp toasted hazelnuts
– 300ml whipped cream
– Orange zest, to decorate
1. Place the orange juice and 3 tbsp water into a medium saucepan with Siúcra Caster Sugar and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring most of the time, then lower the heat and simmer slowly until a light syrup forms.
3. Add the orange segments to the syrup.
1. Place the cream, Siúcra Caster Sugar and chocolate into saucepan and heat over a low heat until the chocolate and sugar melts and the sauce thickens.
2. Add the butter and stir very well. Set aside.
3. Chop 3 tbsp of the hazelnuts while keeping the 1 tbsp whole for the top of the stack.
1. Combine the plain flour, ground cinnamon and Siúcra Caster Sugar in a bowl. Beat together the eggs and milk and slowly whisk into the flour mix. Leave to stand for 10 minutes and pour into a jug.
2. When ready to cook, heat the frying pan and add a little butter and oil.
3. Swirl enough batter into the pan to make a pancake that will fit the size of your cake stand or serving platter.
4. Cook for about 1½ minutes and then turn onto the other side, cooking for about ½ minute until golden and cooked. Place on a clean plate continuing to make all the batter.
5. Place sheets of parchment paper in between the pancakes to prevent them from sticking.
1. Place a cool pancake on a cake stand, spread over some cream, drizzle over the chocolate fudge sauce and chopped orange.
2. Continue to layer up and finally end with chocolate fudge sauce with a sprinkling over of hazelnuts and some orange zest.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.