Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio’s Ham and Brie Breakfast Galette Recipe
Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio’s Ham and Brie Breakfast Galette Recipe. Not in the mood for sweet pancakes on Pancake Tuesday? No problem! Try out our new, delicious savoury Ham and Brie Breakfast Galette! This hearty breakfast is sure to get your morning off to the best start, while also keeping with tradition. The combination of the ham and cheese will brighten your day and leave you feeling satisfied right throughout the morning.
For the caramelised onions
– 1 tbsp butter
– 3 medium red onions, finely sliced
– 4 tbsp Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
– 2 tbsp water
For the galettes
– 100g plain flour
– 3 tbsp wholemeal flour
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 150ml milk
– 80g spinach
– ½ lemon, juice and zest
– 8 thin slices Brie, to serve
– 100g shredded home cooked ham, to serve
– Oil, for frying
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 4 fried eggs, to serve
– Basil leaves or chopped parsley, to garnish
For the caramelised onions:
1. Heat a saucepan with butter and oil.
2. Add the onions, Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar, water and sautéé for about 10 minutes until they are softened and caramelised without becoming brown. Set aside.
For the galettes:
1. Combine the salt, plain and wholemeal flour in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs, Siúcra Caster Sugar and whisk well.
3. Pour in enough milk to form a thin batter and whisk well.
4. Leave sit for 10 minutes.
5. If you feel that the batter to too thick, add 2 to 3 tbsp of cold water and mix well.
6. Heat a saucepan with a little oil, add the spinach and sauté until just wilted, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Add a splash of lemon juice.
To cook the galette:
1. Heat a large frying pan or crepe pan with a little oil over a medium heat.
2. Pour in some batter to cover the entire pan and swirl until evenly spread.
3. Cook for about 1 to 1½ minutes until golden and then flip over to cook the other side.
4. Keep warm until ready to serve.
1. Place a galette onto a warm plate.
2. Spread over some caramelised onion, add warm wilted spinach on top, sprinkle over some lemon zest and arrange cooked ham on top.
3. Place 2 slices of Brie on top. Top with a little more caramelised onion.
4. Fold each side of the galette in to form a square leaving a gap in the centre.
5. Arrange a fried egg on top.
6. Sprinkle over a little coarsely ground black pepper and a little caramelised red onion.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley or basil leaves.
8. Repeat for the other 3 galette and serve.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.