Shaved Beetroot and Radish Salad Recipe by Darina Allen
This is such a beautiful salad recipe and is made in minutes – it also makes the growing number of raw food aficionados happy and is a super way to show off your beetroot crop.
- 8 radishes French breakfast radishes
- 1 beetroot Red, such as Boltardy
- 1 beetroot Yellow, such as Golden Globe
- 1 beetroot Chioggia
- parsley A few sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, leaves
- rocket Picked rocket leaves, golden marjoram and chervil, to serve
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Chardonnay Forum Chardonnay white
- Vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- black pepper
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste and set aside.
- Just before serving, wash the radishes and beets. Shave each one into thin rounds on a mandolin. Toss the lot with the parsley leaves and dress lightly with most of the dressing.
- Arrange the slices of beetroot and radish on white plates, overlapping haphazardly.
- Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the top, add a few rocket leaves, golden marjoram and chervil to serve. (You may not need all the dressing depending on the size of the beets.)