Serves 4 – 6
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large rooster potatoes
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 2 peppers one red and one green
- ½ cups of quality white wine
- cup heavy cream
- 20 mussels
- 1 seafood mix pack (consists normally of haddock, salmon, cod, mackerel or prawns)
- ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp. of plain flour salt, pepper and fresh parsley to season
- Heat 1 tbsp. of butter in a large pot over a medium heat until fully melted
- Add the shallots garlic and peppers and then fry for 5 minutes
- Add the mussels, squeeze out the lemon half over the mussels add wine and cover the pot, cook for 12 minutes until all of the mussels are fully opened,
- Stir in ½ of the cream, cover and set aside for later
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them. After 8 minutes when they are soft but not falling apart add the chopped celery and onion, seafood pie mix and leave on low to medium heat letting the flavors infuse for another 8 minutes.
- Remove the mussels from their shells while your stew is cooking can leave some in shells for decoration on top and add the contents off the mussels pot in and cook together stirring for another 3 minutes while stirring in the flour as needed for added thickness and the second half of cup of cream.
- At this point turn off the hob, taste and season as needed.
- Serve in a bowl and to decorate place fresh parsley on top and some of the shelled mussels. Enjoy while hot.