This rich, golden pasta bake easy to put together and is brimming with flavour.
Crab Pasta Bake Recipe by Bord Bia
Time: 40 minutes
- 200g fresh/frozen cooked crabmeat
- 300g large pasta shells
- 50g butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 50g flour
- 600ml milk
- 1 teasp. Dijon mustard
- 150g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 40g breadcrumbs
- Small handful chopped parsley
- To serve: green salad
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ᵒC (350ᵒF).
- To cook the pasta: Cook the pasta in a large sauce pan of boiling salted water according to package instructions for al dente. Drain.
- To make the sauce: Meanwhile, place the butter and garlic in a medium saucepan, allow the butter to melt then stir in the flour and allow to cook for a minute or two. Then add the milk into the pan and whisk until smooth and bubbling. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add 100g cheddar cheese along with the mustard and stir until smooth.
- Check through the crab meat and discard any pieces of shell.
- To assemble: place the pasta back in the saucepan, then mix through the cheese sauce and lemon juice. Fold in the crabmeat. Season and taste. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the remaining cheese, bread crumbs and parley and sprinkle over the top of the dish. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the topping is golden and heated through.
- To Serve: remove from the oven and serve with a salad.