Treat yourself or that special someone to Siúcra’s delicious Sea Salt Chocolate Tart recipe. The combination of the butter pasty and the rich creamy filling is a match made in heaven.
- 375g sheet of shortcrust pastry,
- Thawed 300ml double cream
- 2 tsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt, plus extra to serve
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50ml fresh milk
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Cover with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring frequently. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and chocolate until melted.
- Leave to sit for one minute, then stir in the milk until the mixture is shiny.
- Pour into the tart shell and leave at room temperature for about two hours until set.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the top and serve with whipped cream.
Visit nordzuckerireland.ie for more recipes, inspiration and top tips for cooking and baking.