Sea Bass with Tomato & Chorizo Recipe by Derval O’Rourke
This Sea Bass with Tomato & Chorizo recipe sounds really cheffy but it’s very quick and easy. It’s a great one to make when you have friends over and you want a dinner that has nutritional value but also feels like special occasion food.
– Olive oil
– 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
– 6 wafer-thin slices of chorizo, halved
– Salt and pepper
– 170g couscous
– 2 x 100g sea bass fillets, skin lightly scored (turbot or brill also work well)
– A handful of rocket
– A handful of baby spinach
– Juice of 1 lemon
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the tomatoes and chorizo.
2. Season and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the instructions on the package.
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Season the sea bass fillets and place them, skin-side down, in the pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes on each side, until the fish is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
5. Just before serving, add the rocket and spinach to the tomato mixture. Cook for about 30 seconds, stirring all the time.
6. Divide the couscous between warmed serving bowls and top with the cooked sea bass. Ladle the tomato sauce over, drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
In her cookbook, Food for the Fast Lane: Recipes to Power your Body and Mind Derval O’Rourke shares the recipes that helped her achieve her fitness targets.
Derval has held the title of World Champion in sprint hurdles and competed for Ireland in three Olympic Games. She also picked up four European Championship medals and holds the Irish record for sprint hurdles.
As both a foodie and fitness fanatic she is passionate about experimenting with healthy, nutritious recipes, which she shares through her blog (dervalorourke.blogspot.com), on Twitter (@DervalORourke) and now in this book.