- 300g rich tea biscuits
- 200g milk chocolate
- 200g 70% dark chocolate
- 100g 85% dark chocolate
- 80 grams malt chocolate balls
- 80 grams honeycomb pieces
- 150g golden syrup
- 250g butter
- Slightly crush the biscuit, honeycomb and malt balls, not too much or they will turn to dust. You want nice bite-size pieces throughout the bombe.
- Line a 2lb size bowl with baking paper.
- Place another bowl over boiling water and add the chocolate. This will melt the chocolate easily without direct contact with heat. Keep stirring to combine evenly. Add the butter and golden syrup. Mix well and set aside.
- Add all the biscuit mixture to the melted chocolate and combine well.
- Pour mixture into your lined bowl and tap on hard surface to get as many air bubbles out. Pat down the surface, cover and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours until set. Overnight would be ideal.
- Turn over the bowl and lift out the baking paper. You should get a dome shaped chocolate bombe.
- Decorating tips:
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and snowflake sprinkles
- Add chocolate shavings, extra honeycomb shards and dust with icing sugar
- Pour over a spiced fruit compote & decorate with fresh winter fruits and berries