Scallops with Rosti, Passionfruit, Carrot and Almond Tapas Recipe by Matt Fuller
Matt Fuller of Boqueria shares this delicious recipe for Scallops with Rosti, Passionfruit, Carrot and Almond, the perfect Spanish-inspired dish to create a World Tapas Day celebratory meal at home.
– 350g peeled potatoes, blanched in boiling water for ten minutes
– 75g butter
– 3 small carrots
– 20g butter
– 35g honey
– 25g butter
– 25g orange juice
– 25g sugar
– 15g flour
– 50g almonds
– extra virgin olive oil/sea salt
– 18 large fresh Irish scallops
– vegetable oil
– 3 Ripe Passion Fruit, cut in half-scoop out the centre and leave aside
1. Grate the blanched potato.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Mix together.
4. Heat vegetable oil in large pan – put mixture in pan and fry until golden brown, turn and brown the other side.
5. Grate the carrots and sweat in butter for 25 mins, blend until smooth.
1. Mix all your ingredients together with a large wooden spoon.
2. Flatten mixture on to a tray lined with baking paper.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
4. Remove and allow to cool- season with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.
1. Fry in a very hot frying pan using plenty of vegetable oil – cook until golden on both sides.
2. Drain on to kitchen paper.
1. Place 3 scallops on to warm plates.
2. Cut the rosti into 6 even portions.
3. Place 2 generous spoonfuls of the carrot puree beside the rosti.
4. Arrange the passion fruit pulp on the plates.
5. Break up the almond brittle and sprinkle on to plate.
Enjoy in good company!
Matt Fuller’s desire to become a chef stemmed from childhood, working in his mother’s restaurant. Having trained in top Dublin restaurants such as L’Ecrivain and Peacock Alley, Matt left Ireland to further his knowledge in Spain, the home of some of the greatest restaurants in the world . Working in Valencia provided him with a knowledge of genuine Spanish cuisine and experience in managing busy restaurants. Returning to Ireland as the Head Chef in Conrad Gallagher’s Salon Des Saveurs, Matt then moved to Citron at the Fitzwilliam Hotel. He is now heading up the kitchen in Stoneybatter Tapas gem Boqueria, serving authentic Spanish cuisine.