Savoury Loaf Recipe by Denise’s Delicious Gluten Free Bakery
This gluten free savoury loaf is a recipe from a lovely lady in Brittany. It is a wonderful accompaniment to a glass of chilled white wine with friends.
– 125g (5oz) Denise’s Delicious flour blend
– 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
– ½ tsp guar gum
– 60ml (2floz) vegetable oil
– 120ml (4floz) milk
– 4 large eggs
– 125g (5oz) olives, chopped and stoned
– 225g (9oz) ham, chopped
– 125g (5oz) Gruyere, grated
– 50g (2oz) chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180oC/350oF. Line a 900g/2lb loaf tin with a baking liner or grease and cut baking parchment to fit.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and gum until fully combined.
3. Separately, mix the oil, milk and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the egg mixture and whisk well.
4. Next, add the olives, ham, cheese, and walnuts and stir into the mixture. If the mixture seems very stiff, add a little extra milk and beat in.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer and it should come out dry.
6. When baked, gently turn out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
7. To serve, slice thinly and cut each slice in half. Serve accompanied by a crisp white wine.
Denise’s Delicious Gluten Free Bakery is one of Ireland’s longest established specialist bakeries. The bakery specialises in baking gluten, wheat and dairy free cakes, breads and snacks and these are handmade at our bakery each day. They are fully approved by the Irish Coeliac Society and enjoy a great relationship with all of our coeliacs friends, readers and newly diagnosed customers.
Recipes by Denise O’ Callaghan are from her book ‘Recipes from my Gluten Free Kitchen‘. Denise’s Delicious Gluten Free Bakery product ranges are available in Ireland from the major supermarkets to artisan food stores. For more information or to order online visit www.delicious.ie.