Rudd’s Plant Based Black Pudding, Potato Cakes & Mango Chutney
Rudd’s, the Irish family favourite, has launched a new range – 100% plant based meat-free sausages and black and white puddings. This vegan and vegetarian friendly range is available in Tesco, Dunnes Stores and SuperValu nationwide! As you would expect from the award-winning Rudd’s brand, these tick all the boxes – great taste, low in saturated fat and high in protein!
Food traditions, tastes and preferences are changing, so Rudd’s created this plant-based range, perfect for a meat-free breakfast, a spring salad, dinner or those trying to following a healthier regime. The various ingredients in the range include blends of vegetables, barley, soy and wheat protein, as well as the signature Rudd’s spices and seasonings, for a delicious meat-free alternative with no compromise on taste or texture.
Rudd’s tradition of excellence saw it take home Gold at the 2020 Blas na hEireann Awards for Rudd’s Extra Thick Sausage, and this new plant-based range promises to be just as impressive!
- 280g Rudd’s Plant Based Black Pudding
- 4 Potato cakes, ready made
- 75g Mango Chutney
- 100g Pistachios, shelled
- 125g Onions, sliced
- Start by pounding the pistachios using a mortar and pestle, add the sliced onions and give them a good mix/pounding
- Sauté the onion and nut mix, until golden brown
- Fry the slices of Rudd’s Plant Based Black Pudding and potato cakes for 2/3 mins on each side for both.
- Construct the dish by spreading a generous dollop of mango chutney on the hot potato cake, add a couple of pieces of the Rudd’s Plant Based Black Pudding and finish with the onion and pistachio nut mix, delish!