Dublin-based brothers Marc and Conor Bereen have launched Row Wines, a natural wine bar, small plate and vinyl listening experience on Dublin’s Coppinger Row, in the historic City Assembly House.
The brothers were inspired by Tokyo’s Japanese style listening bars and the natural wine movement, which advocates sustainable, organic farming and the use of grapes native to each area. The wine list will feature wines that are either organic, natural, biodynamic, or sustainably made. The regularly updated food menu will feature eight to ten plates and snacks made with fresh, Irish ingredients. The bar will also offer low ABV cocktails and Irish craft beers on tap.
The space, by Luca Architects, with artistic touches by Conor Bereen, features a bar-style blend of high and low seating, with capacity for forty seated indoors, and room for another forty on the outside terrace. In the spirit of Coppinger Row, which previously occupied the adjacent space, Row Wines is perfect for gathering, eating, drinking, socialising and for watching the world go by!
The Bereens have assembled a young and dynamic team, with W.S.E.T level 3 certified sommelier Dáire Ó Lúing as General Manager and Paddy Maher as head chef, led by Executive Chef Dan Hannigan.
Row Wines, Dublin 2 will be serving until 12.30 / 1.00pm Thurs, Fri, and Sat. The space will mainly cater for walk ins, though some bookings will also be available.
City Assembly House, Row, Coppinger Row, Dublin 2
Wed/Thurs/Fri 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Bread 41 sourdough €4
- Marinated olives €5
- Smoked nuts €4
- Gilda (2) €5
- Crispy dillisk €5
- Gubbeen fennel salami €8
- Cooleaa and wild garlic flatbread €9.5
- Cured Goatsbridge trout, ponzu, sesame and nori cracker €14
- Marinated beetroot, za’atar, feta, mint €9
- Chicory, Kilhahlan reserve and blood orange salad €11
- Crab rosti, shaved bottarga €18
- Garryhinch mushrooms, shallot xo, egg yolk €14
- Crispy lamb belly, velvet cloud, garlic and chilli sauce €14
- Prawns and bisque butter €17
- Andarl velvet pork polpettes €13
- Roasted grapes, vanilla mascarpone and olive oil cake €9
- Select Irish cheeses, black butter, sourdough crackers €14