Roasted Almonds Spinach & Fava Beans Hummus Recipe By My Nutrition Ireland
Roasted Almonds, Spinach & Fava Beans Hummus recipe By My Nutrition Ireland. A bright and fresh recipe to add to your repertoire of favourite hummus recipes. Incredibly easy and so delicious. A beautiful creamy texture to spread over any of your preferred foods. Perfect as a smack or part of your main meals.
– 4 cups of fresh spinach
– 2½ cups fresh fava beans
– 1/2 cup roasted almonds
– 1 cup ice water
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 1 garlic clove, grated
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup tahini
– 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ricotta (optional)
Flaky sea salt
1. In a medium sized pot, bring salted water to a boil. Blanch the spinach for roughly one minute, strain and submerge the spinach into ice water, then remove from water and pat dry.
2. Repeat with the fava beans. Using a clean towel, extract as much of the water as possible from the spinach and fava beans.
3. In a food processor, add the fava beans, almonds, spinach, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, tahini and ricotta.
4. Purée until smooth, remove from the food processor and add to a bowl over ice. Season to taste with salt.
5. Spoon the hummus into a bowl, making sure to create several small swirls, garnish, sprinkle roasted almonds, roasted pistachios, pomegranates, sea salt & edible flowers. Serve with toasted wholegrain pitta or as part of Buddha bowl.
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy, set up by Thomas Coleman and Jeeny Maltese in 2013. Understanding the importance of Health, how it impacts on people’s well-being & performance. Jeeny Maltese is a chef, passionate about Food & Health. A talented chef described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson”. Tom Coleman, a Nutritionist with a background in Science & Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.