Roast Stuffed Fillet of Pork Wrapped in Bacon, Pureed Carrots and Parsnips, Roast Potatoes and Apple Sauce Recipe from Episode 8 of Tastes Like Home with Catherine Fulvio
This recipe is by Grainne Hill, Catherine Fulvio’s guest on episode 8 of Tastes Like Home and represents Grainne’s very own taste of home.
- Fresh Parsley
- Rosemary / Thyme
- Soften an onion in butter.
- Add to breadcrumbs/chopped apricots and chestnuts/fresh parsley and rosemary or thyme/salt and pepper.
Fillets of Pork x 2
- Trim off fat.
- Butterfly and lay out stuffing on bottom fillet
- Lay second fillet on top
- Place the dry cured streaky bacon over top and tuck underneath
- Cover with tinfoil
- Bake X 45mins approx
- Remove tinfoil and bake for a further 15-20 mins or until bacon is crispy
- Boil carrots and parsnips until soft
- Drain and add butter/salt and pepper/a grate of nutmeg
- Parboil X 5mins
- Sprinkle over a handful of semolina seasoned with salt and pepper
- Give saucepan a good shake so all spuds are coated
- Melt duck/goose fat on baking tray
- Add spuds and bake until crispy
- Place chopped cooking apples in glass bowl
- Add splash of water
- Cover with sheet of kitchen proof paper