Roast Carrot and Red Pepper Soup Recipe by Roz Purcell
Two of my favourite veg are teamed together in this soup recipe, and both are great for your skin.
– 4 carrots, cut into quarters
– 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
– Rapeseed oil, for roasting and frying
– 4 red bell peppers, deseeded and halved
– 2 sweet red peppers, deseeded and halved
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 stalks of celery, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1.2 litres vegetable stock
– A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
– 1 bay leaf flaxseed oil, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the carrots on a baking tray with two of the thyme sprigs.
3. Season well and drizzle with a little rapeseed oil. Roast for 30–35 minutes, until browned a little.
4. Place the halved peppers on a separate baking tray and roast them for 20 minutes.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil in a large saucepan over a low heat.
6. Sweat the onion, celery and garlic for 15 minutes, until soft.
7. Add the roasted carrots and peppers, vegetable stock, parsley, bay leaf and remaining thyme.
8. Simmer for 15 minutes, then remove the bay leaf and blend until smooth. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of flaxseed oil.
Roz Purcell’s approach to cooking is simple: use whole foods to live a whole life. Having developed a negative relationship with food that led her to make unhealthy choices, she cured herself by rediscovering her love of cooking from scratch. She used her passion for food to experiment with flavours and textures and develop the most amazing recipes that fuel the body, providing the energy and vitality needed to look and feel great.
Roz began blogging at naturalbornfeeder.com in 2013 to document her love of cooking and to share her recipes. Now in her highly-anticipated cookbook, written with the same wonderfully accessible approach, she features over 170 easy-to-follow, delicious recipes that prove whole foods can taste far better than a pre-packaged meal.
In Natural Born Feeder, you will find recipes for smoothies, juices and drinks, countless ways to “Pimp your Porridge” and plenty of Roz’s famous Pancakes and Crepes. There’s also recipes for soups, salads, sides, main dishes, simple pleasures, desserts, breads, sports snacks, dips and “The Nut Butter Collective”. Plenty of inspiration to get into the kitchen, and get cooking!
Natural Born Feeder is published by Gill Books, priced at €27.99.