Rice Paper Chicken Rolls Recipe with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce by Hazel Wallace
This Rice Paper Chicken Rolls Recipe is such a fun dish to make with a friend, or your partner and encourages everyone to get involved and roll up their sleeves. I first tried this recipe as an experiment when I was trying to impress my boyfriend on date night.
The rice paper wraps are really light and combined with the raw vegetables, this dish is much lighter and fresher than your classic Mexican chicken fajita. For a veggie alternative, swap the chicken breast for avocado.
Serves as 2 mains or 4 as starters
– 8 spring roll wrappers (rice paper wraps)
– ¼ red cabbage, shredded
– ¼ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
– 1 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
– ½ mango, cut into matchsticks
– 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
– 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Peanut Dipping Sauce
– 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
– 1 tbsp coconut sugar
– 2 tbsp water
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Immerse 1 spring roll wrapper in the water until slightly softened (for about 10–15 seconds).
2. Remove and spread the wrapper out onto a plastic chopping board. Repeat with all the wrappers.
3. Place some of each of the ingredients horizontally at the bottom or centre of a wrap, packing them as tightly together as possible.
4. Fold in the right and left edges of the wrap. Take the bottom of the wrap and roll it upwards, taking the ingredients with it.
5.. Try to wrap them as tightly as possible, then leave the wrap sealed-side down. Place the roll on a plate and repeat.
6. To make the dressing, blend or whisk the ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a small serving dish and serve on the side to dip the wraps in.
THE FOOD MEDIC: RECIPES AND FITNESS FOR A HEALTHIER, HAPPIER YOU by Dr Hazel Wallace is available now (Yellow Kite, £20)