Red Berry Galette Recipe by Anna-Jane Kingston
This red berry galette recipe is really quite simple – yet it looks so beautiful and elegant on the table. Anna-Jane has added some raspberries to this recipe – but you can also add things like blackberries or cherries to mix it up.
– 120g plain white flour
– 60ml ice cold water
– 85g cold butter
– 120g red currants
– 120g raspberries
– ½ a lemon
– 40g sugar
– 1 whisked egg yolk for egg wash
1. Add the flour to a large mixing bowl and work in the butter with your fingertips, the butter will look like small pea like balls.
2. Slowly pour in the ice cold water to the mix – stirring with a fork as you go. At this stage, the dough will start to come together.
3. With your hands, start to shape a ball with the dough – wrap in some cling film and store in the fridge for about an hour or overnight.
4. Before the dough is ready, preheat your oven to 190°C and prepare the fruits by washing and removing any stems.
5. Prepare a piece of grease proof paper on a baking tray. Once you have your dough fresh from the fridge, begin rolling the dough onto the grease proof paper.
6. Roughly arrange the fruits in the middle of the dough, making sure to leave about ½ an inch rim of dough on the outside.
7. Fold the edges of the dough and pinch to seal.
8. Then, with the egg wash – brush the sides with a pastry brush.
9. Lastly, squeeze the lemon and sprinkle the sugar over the berries and dough.
10. Place in the oven for about 50 minutes – or until the crust is golden brown in colour.
I’m an Irish food blogger from Donegal, and I am obsessed with food – and in particular, clean & healthy eating. I’ve been experimenting with food since my school days, and I am continuously developing and adapting recipes to keep my body happy and healthy. I always try to make my recipes adaptable – to help suit a wide variety of eaters, so I like to think there’s something for everyone here. I hope that my blog A Thyme to Eat may inspire and bring a little culinary delight to your table. You can also find me on Twitter. Happy Feasting!