Raw Snickers Cheesecake Recipe by The Goodfood Goddess
I know that an indulgent peanut butter and chocolate loaded cake seems a little out of place when everyone seems to be surviving on juice and green smoothies but my birthday was this month. So while everyone else has kale on their mind all I can think about is cake! On Friday I turned the ripe old age of 21 so of course this occasion demanded a cake and not just any cake.
Even though I am now 21 and officially a fully fledged adult when it came to choosing a cake flavor all I wanted was my childhood favorite treat; a Snickers. Considering that this was a monumental birthday a Snickers bar simply would not suffice, this demanded an indulgent cake and lets be honest cake can’t get much more indulgent than a Snickers cheesecake.
Three layers of pure adulterated peanut butter lover heaven. With a crunchy salted chocolate peanut base, a smooth peanut butter date caramel layer studded with crispy peanuts and an indulgently creamy peanut butter cashew cheesecake layer all topped with lashings of chocolate this is food heaven! This is definitely a special occasion cake and not one for breakfast even though I must admit that I did have a not so little nibble of it for breakfast, it is my birthday after all …
– 1 cup peanuts
– 1/2 cup dates
– 1/4 cup cacao powder
– 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
– 1 + 1/2 cup cashews overnight or for 4-5 hours
– 3 tbsp peanut butter
– 3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
– 5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
– 1 + 1/2 cup dates soaked
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tsp vanilla
– Pinch salt
– 2 tbsp peanut butter
– 200g sugar free dark chocolate
1. For the base place the peanuts, dates, cacao powder and honey or maple syrup in a blend and pulse until you have a dough.
2. Place the dough in your cake tin and flatten.
3. Place in the freezer to set.
4. Drain the cashew nuts and place in the blender along with the peanut butter, almond milk and honey or maple syrup.
5. Blend for 5-7 minutes until you have a smooth mixture.
6. Remove the tin from the freezer and smooth the cashew layer over it.
7. Place back in the freezer.
8. Drain the dates and place in the blender along with vanilla, almond milk, salt and peanut butter.
9. Blend until smooth.
10. Remove the tin from the freezer and smooth the date caramel over the cashew layer.
11. Place back in the freezer for an hour or two to set.
12. Remove from the freezer.
13. Melt the chocolate and smooth over the date caramel layer.
14. Scatter a handful of peanuts over to decorate.
Hello! My name is Aoife and I am a 20 year old medical student from Ireland. I have always had an immense interest in food however it was only when I developed acne that I began to understand its healing power. After trying numerous different treatment options without success and left only with the option of stronger drugs I finally decided to overhaul my diet in a last ditch effort to improve my skin. Out went all processed foods devoid of nutrition as well as refined sugar and in their place came nutrient rich natural wholefoods. After pursuing a more plant based diet for just three months my acne had cleared up. Not only did my skin improve but my energy levels were elevated and my general sense of well-being greatly improved. My diet is not perfect nor completely plant based (I have a love affair with salmon!) but I have found what works for me. All the recipes are free from many common allergies such as dairy, gluten and wheat as well as refined sugar because I wanted recipes that everyone could use. Whether you are a plant based eater, flexitarian or just want to eat more healthily I hope that in this blog you will find recipes that inspire and promote a healthy lifestyle. www.thegoodfoodgoddess.com