Raspberry and Olive Oil Polenta Cake Recipe by Naomi Ní Chatháin
This polenta cake recipe is so lovely; delicately perfumed, fluffy, and full of harmoniously thrown together flavours. This fruity, soft cake tastes like full-on summer somewhere balmy and gentle. It is also gluten, dairy and sugar-free. If you don’t have Vitafiber powder, I suggest substituting with some honey.
– 100g polenta flour/ fine corn meal (also called maize)
– 60g ground almonds
– 2 large free-range eggs
– 6 tbsp yogurt (or cottage cheese)
– 70mls good quality extra virgin olive oil
– 40g erythritol
– 70g vitafiber (you could probably substitute with another sweetener like sugar or honey)
– A handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
– Pinch of stevia
– Zest and juice of one large organic lemon
– A pinch of sea salt
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease a cake tin with olive oil.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add in the eggs and wet ingredients, except raspberries, and mix. (I used my food processor)
4. Scoop into cake tin, mix in raspberries, bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Allow the cake to cool and enjoy.
Naomi Ní Chatháin is a WSET-certified wine specialist from Co. Clare. She studied French and Philosophy in NUI Galway before pursuing a master’s degree in Wine Tourism (or ‘oenotourisme et projet culturel’) in Nimes.
Naomi loves French culture, and has lived in different parts of France over the years.
Her other passions include the pessimistic philosophy of Schopenhauer, the music of Bob Dylan, and road trips across America. Naomi is also a professional baker, and founder of NaomiBakes.com.
She is a firm believer in eating delicious, healthy cakes every day, and has a small subscription-based healthy cake kit delivery business.