Raspberry Victoria Sponge Cupcakes Recipe by Karyn Ryan
They might be small in size, but they have all the delicious yummy flavours of their “Big Sister”- The Victoria Sponge. This scrumptious cupcakes recipe would make the perfect Valentines Day Treat.
– 175g self raising flour
– 175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 175g caster sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 300ml double cream
– 1 tsp baking powder
– Good raspberry preserve for filling
1. Preheat the oven to 190C(170C fan)/375F
2. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
3. In an electric mixer beat the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, sugar, eggs and butter until light and fluffy.
4. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases.
5. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes until golden-brown and springy to the touch.
6. Leave the cakes to cool in the tin and then tip onto a wire cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
7. When cool, use a teaspoon to remove the centre of each cupcake and fill with jam. Replace the tops back on the cupcakes and press down slightly.
8. Whip the cream to soft peaks and spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small nozzle. Swirl on top of each cupcake.
9. Dust with icing sugar.
Hi I’m Karyn. I’m a mum, blogger and lover of everything to do with baking. I try to come up with easy recipes that everyone can bake. I’ve won a few baking awards and even appeared on TV! I’m mostly found in my kitchen surrounded by flour and baking books. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on some of my Baking Adventures.