Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe from the Ketogenic Kitchen Cookbook
This raspberry cupcakes recipe is the perfect sweet introduction to ketogenic cooking. You can use any type of berry for this, it doesn’t have to be raspberries. You can use this crust recipe to make yummy biscuits too.
– 90g hazelnuts, ground to a fine flour
– 50g coconut flour
– 60g butter, softened
– 200g mascarpone cheese
– 100g fresh raspberries
– 1 tbsp xylitol
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. To make the crust, mix the ground hazelnuts and coconut flour together.
3. Add the soft butter and knead everything until you can form a firm dough.
4. Press the dough into six holes of a muffin tin and bake for 15–20 minutes, until lightly brown.
5. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
6. Meanwhile, mix the mascarpone, fresh raspberries and xylitol with a hand blender until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
7. Fill into the nut crust once it has cooled down.
8. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
In The Ketogenic Kitchen Domini and Patricia share with you exciting nutritional developments which reveal that a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat, in conjunction with the treatment recommended by medical professionals, offers new hope and protection against many chronic illnesses. This food philosophy also has the welcoming side effects of weight loss and management, higher energy levels and glowing good health. Whether you are facing treatment, going through recovery or simply want to choose food that helps to keep you healthy in the long term, Domini and Patricia’s fantastic new book will be your best friend in the kitchen, packed with revolutionary advice and delicious recipes. The authors also share their startling personal stories of battling cancer and their research into ground-breaking new ways to feed your body for optimal health.
The Ketogenic Kitchen is published by Gill Books and can be purchased at www.gillbooks.ie.