Calling all whiskey lovers! This Saturday (15th May) marks World Whiskey Day, and what better way to celebrate this special spirit than with three delicious cocktails that you can make and enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
Every year on the third Saturday in May, new and discerning whiskey drinkers from across the globe come together to celebrate this fine spirit. And of course, World Whiskey Day wouldn’t be complete without a good helping of the Irish tiple.
Bushmills Irish Whiskey is steeped in over 400 years of whiskey-making heritage. With a range that includes blends and single malts, Bushmills Irish Whiskey has something for every palate. Along with The Sexton Single Malt, the brand has created some delicious cocktail recipes for readers to experiment with at home.
WHISKEY-BASED COCKTAIL RECIPES:
This Emerald Collins cocktail is the perfect tipple as we approach the summer months. The lemon and elderflower flavours really draw the fresh fruit and vanilla notes of Bushmills Original to the fore, perfectly balancing the crisp, fresh finish of the spirit.
- 45ml Bushmills Original
- 15ml White Vermouth
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- 15ml lemon juice
- Soda water
- Flowers, mint & lemon
- Pour 45ml of Bushmills Original into a shaker.
- Add 15ml White Vermouth, 15ml elderflower cordial and 15ml lemon juice.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain over cubed ice into a tall glass and top with soda water.
- Garnish with flowers, mint & lemon.
BLACK BUSH ZEST
This refreshing cocktail is super easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. The smooth, lingering sweetness of Bushmills Black Bush complements the honey syrup and is the perfect partner for the zesty lime flavours – sit back and enjoy!
- 50ml Bushmills Black Bush
- 20ml lime juice
- 20ml honey syrup
- Cucumber and mint
- Pour 50ml of Bushmills Black Bush into a shaker.
- Add 20ml lime juice and 20ml honey syrup.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain over cubed ice into a rocks glass and garnish with cucumber and mint.
For more cocktail inspiration and recipes, follow Bushmills Irish Whiskey on social media
THE SEXTON LOVE IT TO DEATH
This delicious Love It To Death cocktail will truly spice up your life. The lime juice and Aperol enhance the complex citrus notes of The Sexton Single Malt, while the hint of sugar complements the smooth honey finish of the spirit. Add a dash of Absinthe and you’re in for a cocktail you won’t forget.
- 50ml The Sexton Single Malt
- 25ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 20ml Sugar Syrup
- 12.5ml Aperol
- 2 Dashes Absinthe
- Lemon peel twist
- Sprig of thyme
- Add all ingredients, bar the lemon twist and thyme, to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a fresh coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and sprig of thyme.
NI: The Sexton is available to purchase in Supervalu, Centra, Wineflair and select independent retailers and off-licenses.
ROI: The Sexton is available to purchase in Tesco, Supervalu, Celtic Whiskey Store, Carry Out, Fine Wines, O’Briens Wine and select independent retailers and off-licenses.