Watch: Pulled Corn Fed Chicken Tacos Recipe by Neven Maguire for Simply Better
Neven Maguire created this Pulled Corn Fed Chicken Tacos Recipe using Fresh Irish Corn Fed Chicken Thighs from the Simply Better range, sourced exclusively for Dunnes Stores.
The recipe features in the first ever edition of the Simply Better COOK with Neven Maguire Magazine, which is bursting with a range of Neven’s favourite summer recipes that take advantage of the best ingredients from the Simply Better award winning collection.
Pick up a free copy at your nearest Dunnes Stores to check out the full range of recipes and share your recreations using the hashtag #COOKwithNeven.
– 8 x Simply Better Fresh Irish Corn Fed Chicken Thighs, skinned
– 2 tbsp chipotle or harissa paste
– 1 small red onion, grated
– 250ml passata
– 5 tbsp barbecue sauce
– 12 crisp taco shells
– 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
– 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
– 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
– Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
– 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F / Gas Mark 4).
2. Rub the chicken thighs with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle or harissa paste and season with salt and pepper. Mix the remaining tablespoon of chipotle or harissa paste with the onion, passata and barbecue sauce. Place in a small baking tin and add the chicken thighs in a single layer. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C (400°F / Gas Mark 6). Remove the foil from the chicken and roast for another 15-20 minutes until the chicken is meltingly tender and almost falling off the bone. When the chicken is really tender, use two forks to shred the meat into the sauce, discarding the bones.
4. Arrange the taco shells on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 2-3 minutes to crisp up.
5. To serve, put some shredded lettuce into each taco and top with the pulled chicken. Scatter over the avocado and cherry tomatoes and season with a little salt and pepper. Arrange on plates with the lime wedges.