The best protein bread recipe I’ve ever made. Similar to a soda bread, so much flavour, so incredibly satisfying and it makes for some amazing toast!
Servings: 8 slices
– 45g (¼ cup + 2 tbsp) coconut flour
– 1 cup (100g) oats, ground to a flour
– 15g psyllium husk flakes
– 60g Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate
– 125ml (½ cup) unsweetened almond milk
– 1 cup (250ml) egg whites
– 2 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
– ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix together all wet ingredients in separate bowl.
4. Add wet to dry and mix well.
5. Line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil or coconut oil.
6. Place bread batter into the loaf tin, spread evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
7. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool fully on a wire rack before slicing. Store in a seal tight container at room temperature for 2 days or slice and freeze slices for up to month; thaw out as needed.
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.comPeachy Palate Peachy Palate