Hidden Valley Holiday Park attracts couples or families seeking a peaceful holiday in picturesque surroundings. The park offers boutique accommodations, glamping (“glorified” camping) lodges and a caravan & camping area. From great adventure to creative activities and relaxing days, there’s something to suit everyone, whatever the weather on your short break. Hidden Valley is based in Wicklow.
Hidden Valley Holiday Park was formed in 2005 and is owned and operated by The Williams family. In the first three years of operation, the owners upgraded the holiday park from a 2-star park into a 5-star Failte Ireland approved park offering modern facilities and great value for couples and families alike. As a family owned and operated business we take great pride in assuring our guests a fantastic and memorable holiday.
The park is located in Rathdrum (“Ringfort of the Ridge”), which was originally the main town of Co. Wicklow, and is still well serviced by both train and bus. The town is situated high on the western side of the beautiful Avonmore Valley and offers the tourist scenic views of the Avonmore River, which flows through the Vale of Clara. The Rathdrum railway station opened on July 18th, 1863.
Rathdrum is well known for the Avondale House and Forest Park, which was home to Charles Stewart Parnell – one of the greatest political leaders of modern Irish History. The grounds offer excellent forest/river walks and picnics.
Rathdrum was also well known for the Rathdrum International Cartoon Festival. The Cartoon Inn displays the work of Bill Eirner, Hunt Emereson, Ulrich Schroeder, Bob Foster, which are among some of the famous artists whose work can be seen at close quarter. The Cartoon Inn is famed far and wide for the rich and humour cartoons which adorn its welcoming walls.
You have the choice of two types of accommodation in your taste package:
Glamping Mini Lodges
The Glamping Mini Lodges overlook the Avonmore River on site. The mini lodges can accommodate up to 5 people (or 2 adults and 4 young children) and provide a safe and comfortable alternative to camping! They each contain two double beds, one single bed, picnic table, small fridge, kettle, lights and heater. There is no bathroom or kitchen in the mini lodges. The toilets, showers, camper’s kitchen and laundry room are just a few feet away. If you are renting a mini lodge, then you must supply your own sleeping equipment such as pillows, sleeping bags, linens, duvets and towels. Pets are not allowed inside the mini lodges. Smoking is also not permitted indoors. The mini lodges can be booked nightly all season long, except for bank holiday weekends.
Loft House Glamping Lodges
The Loft House Glamping Lodges and Loft House Ensuite Glamping Lodges overlook the Avonmore River on site. These lodges can accommodate up to 6 people and provide a safe and comfortable alternative to camping! These lodges contain two double beds, two single beds, picnic table, small fridge, kettle, lights and heater. There is no kitchen in these lodges and only the Ensuite units have a toilet and sink. The amenity block is just a few feet away, which contains the toilets, showers, camper’s kitchen and laundry room. If you are renting a glamping lodge, then you must supply your own sleeping equipment such as pillows, sleeping bags, linens, duvets and towels. Pets are not allowed inside the glamping lodges. Smoking is also not permitted indoors. These lodges can be booked nightly all season long, except for bank holiday weekends.
Your Package Includes
– 2 Nights Glamping Lodge accommodation in either the Mini Lodges or the Loft House Lodges
– Activity Combo Bands for 4 people (to use toward kayaking, paddle boats, bumper boats, mini golf, bungee trampolines, rock wall)
– 1 Splash Valley Aqua Park session (for 4 people)
– 1 Family Combat Laser Tag session (for 4 people)
Video of Hidden Valley
Hidden Valley Holiday Park
T: +353 86 7272 872
Terms and Conditions:
– Valid from August 31st 2020 to October 22nd 2020 AND from March 12th 2021 to May 27th 2021
– Advance booking required by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you MUST mention your TheTaste.ie voucher and order code at the time of booking.
– Your booking is subject to availability
– Voucher may be purchased as a gift.
– Must be 18 or over to purchase this offer.
– Offer includes – 2 Nights Glamping Lodge accommodation, Activity Combo Bands for 4 people (to use toward kayaking, paddle boats, bumper boats, mini golf, bungee trampolines, rock wall), 1 Splash Valley Aqua Park session (for 4 people), 1 Family Combat Laser Tag session (for 4 people)
– All activities are subject to availability and must be confirmed with the resort when booking
– Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
– 48-hour cancellation notice required and valid on new bookings only