Fade Street Social goes over to the dark side for blind charity’s unique Dine in the Dark event on Monday 7th of November 6:30pm
Top Dublin restaurant Fade Street Social is venturing over to the dark side. But fear not, it’s for a very good cause, as the restaurant is set to host a unique Dine in the Dark event in aid of the National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI).
Dine in the Dark is a week-long culinary celebration taking place nationwide from the 6th to the 13th of November. Fade Street Social is set to give customers a special preview by going dark on Monday 7th November in The Gastro Bar. Enjoy 3 courses blind folded for 2 people plus a bottle of wine for only €70.
€10 from every dinner goes to NCBI
This is a truly unique dining experience, with guests blind-folded throughout the meal. Without their sight to guide them, they experience taste, texture and flavour in a completely new and innovative way. Dine in the Dark is supported by the Restaurants Association of Ireland and the campaign will see 200 restaurants and 8,000 people #godark for sight loss this November.
Fade Street Social is an ambitious project incorporating two restaurants under one roof; The Gastro Bar and The Restaurant, along with a relaxed Rooftop Garden and Cocktail Bar. Fade Street Social celebrates Irish food and character.
“The experience of sitting in a busy restaurant under blindfold is really a one-off. Sounds and smells are more intense and even communication during the meal is altered. We’re offering customers the chance to really immerse themselves in the dining experience. Under blindfold they will question everything and it’ll really bring the focus to the flavours and textures of the food.” NCBI
Dine in the Dark aims to raise vital funds for NCBI, which provides life-enhancing services for people with sight loss. Chris White, CEO of NCBI, asks more restaurants to come on board to support the campaign.
“This is a really exciting week-long celebration. We’re giving restaurants the opportunity to win more customers with this unique experience, while also raising vital funds for our work with children and adults with sight loss. Sight loss affects one in six people in Ireland, Dine in the Dark is our way of bringing people together to raise awareness, vital funds and of course to have fun.” NCBI
Dine in the Dark Ireland is kindly sponsored by Novartis Ireland, New Ireland Assurance and Classic Drinks and supported by the Restaurants Association of Ireland.
Book your Dine in the Dark experience at www.thetaste.ie and #godark for sight loss.
Tapas Starter 1:
– Mini goats cheese logs wrapped in ham brushed with balsamic and truffle honey
Tapas Starter 2:
– Cured Salmon with truffle honey, yoghurt and lemon pure
Choose one main per person:
– Slow Roast whole baby chicken with onion Lyonnaise and peppered bacon
– Point-end steak charred with rosemary, bone marrow butter
– Wild Irish Mushroom with celeriac and cep dressing
Sides served with main:
– Seasonal vegetables from the garden with chervil, hollandaise and truffle
– Skinny Fries with grated parmesan, smoked bacon and brown onion puree
– Coconut two textures, black olive caramel, coconut tuiles
You can book Fade Street Social by phone or email
T: 01 604 0066
– Voucher is valid for the Dine in the Dark Fade St Gastro Bar experience on Monday 7th of November only
– Event begins at 6.30pm sharp
– Voucher must be printed & presented to the venue on the night
– Offer includes a bottle of house wine and a 3 course dinner
– Advance booking required you must mention TheTaste.ie Voucher at the time of booking
– Voucher must be printed and any overspend paid directly to the restaurant on the night
– This is a live event and no refunds wil be given after the date listed
– Voucher subject to availability
– This offer cannot be combined with any other offer