Our friends at Saba Restaurant have come up with a delicious Gluten Free recipe of Prawn and Cashew Lettuce Cups. Simple and quick perfect when you need a quick, nutritious meal.
Serves 4 people
– 8 cooked prawns cut in half
– 8 pieces Rice paper
– 500ml water
– 100g ginger small brunoise
– 100g shallot small diced
– 100g lemongrass thin sliced
– 16 leaves fresh mint
– 16 leaves iceberg lettuce cut like a cup
– 20g roasted cashew nuts
Ingredients for dressing
– 3dsp fish sauce
– 3dsp fresh lime juice
– 4dsp sugar syrup (2dsp sugar+2dsp water)
– 4chopped birds eye chilli
– ½ chopped red chilli (large)
– 1dsp chopped garlic
– 1dsp chopped shallot
– 1 dsp chopped coriander stalk
– To prepare dressing put fish sauce, lime juice and sugar syrup in a bowl and mix well, add birds eye chilli, red chilli, garlic, shallot and coriander. Keep this to one side
– Soak rice paper in cold water for about 2 minutes or until the rice paper gets soft.
– Cut the rice paper into equal portions.
– Place the rice paper on iceberg lettuce and add mint, shallot, lemongrass and ginger and place the cooked half prawn and cashew nut on top.
Serve with dressing on the side.
Saba opens from 12pm until late, seven days a week and is located on 26-28 Clarendon Street, Dublin 2. For bookings T: +353-1-6792000 or log onto www.sabadublin.com. Saba To Go opens from 4pm until 11pm, seven days a week and is located on 13 Rathgar Road, Rathmines Dublin 6. For orders, T: +353-1-4060200 or log onto www.sabatogo.com