Posh-Jambon Persille with Gribche Recipe by Chef Chad Byrne at The Brehon
This Posh-Jambon Persille with Gribche, or Pressed Jellied Boiled Ham with Tartar and Chopped Eggs, is an ideal recipe to make with your Christmas Day lunch leftovers.
The amount of ham you have leftover from the big day will determine the size of the moulds you should you for this dish, which will go down an absolute treat.
– Cup of shredded ham, flaked
– Cup of ham stock
– Vegetables from the stock
– Chopped mixed herbs (parsley, dill, tarragon or chervil)
– 1 leaf of gelatine, melted into ham stock
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, crushing the veggies and ham together.
2. Pour in cooled ham stock and herbs and set in a mould overnight. That’s it!
3. Serve with some pickles and a dollop of gribche on toasted bread.
Currently the Executive Head Chef at Danú Restaurant in The Brehon, Killarney, Chef Chad Byrne has extensive experience working in renowned establishments such as the Michelin Star restaurant Ristorante Semplice in London, the five star Heritage Golf & Spa Resort in Killenard, The Killarney Park Hotel and The Clarence and Merrion Hotel in Dublin.
Chad was awarded Irish Gastro Chef of the Year in 2012 along with a Gold Medal from Chef Ireland 2012 and has also represented Ireland in the culinary Olympics in Errfurt Germany. Danú Restaurant holds 2AA Rosettes and Chad runs the kitchen with the ethos of food, focus and fun.