Porridge Bread Recipe By Glenisk
Bread making has seen quite a surge in popularity during recent times. From the therapuetic making process to the distinctively delicious scent of freshly baked bread wafting through your home, this makes for a very comforting way to spend a little time unwinding. This Porridge Bread Recipe from Glenisk is a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 tub of Glenisk Organic Low-Fat Natural Yogurt 500g
- 360g of porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbsp milk or almond milk
- 2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 cup of mixed nuts or seeds; Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Grease a standard loaf tin (2lbs/900g – 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 9cm) using butter or simply use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the Glenisk yogurt, egg, milk and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir in the oats, salt and cup of mixed nuts and seeds (if you so wish).
- Ensure all ingredients are well blended into a doughy texture and then transfer mixture to loaf tin.
- Cut a line down the centre of your loaf and sprinkle with a few nuts and seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove loaf from tin. Return to oven upside down and allow loaf to cook for 5 minutes more to make loaf crispy.
- Insert skewer to ensure that inside of loaf is cooked before removing from oven.
- Leave to cool on a wire tray.