Popcorn Chicken Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
This Popcorn Chicken is insanely delicious! I’ve been working on it for a while now and I’m delighted that I can now share it with you! It’s become a firm favourite in my house with some homemade mayo with hot sauce stirred through it! Divine!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp hot sauce (I used Frank’s)
– 2 chicken breasts, diced into chunks
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– good pinch of coarse salt
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
2. In a small bowl whisk the egg and the hot sauce together.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Taking one piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg and then into the almond flour mix.
5. Place the chicken on a wire cooking rack and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!