Poached Egg, Avocado and Sourdough Toast Recipe with Hot Pickled Peppers & Pumpkin Seeds by The Food DNA
This Poached Egg, Avocado and Sourdough Toast Recipe is bursting with flavours and is a perfect way to start your morning and impress your someone special.
Serves: Breakfast for 2
– 1 Avocado
– 2 Eggs
– Bread (I used wholewheat sourdough)
– 1/2 Red pepper
– 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
– 1/2 tsp honey
– Rocket salad
– Seed mix (I used buckwheat groats + pumpkin seeds)
– Zest of orange
– Salt pepper to taste
– Chilli flakes (optional)
1. Toast your bread (alternatively grill on the grilling pan with a touch of oil)
2. Thinly slice pepper, add salt, chilli flakes, vinegar and honey. Leave for 5-10 mins.
3. Poach 2 eggs (which can be replaced with fried eggs). But here is a really easy way to make a poached egg – Line a small ramekin or a cup with cling film; add a drop of olive oil, crack an egg into the cup and tie a knot. Poach eggs in slightly simmering water for 4-5 minutes. Cut the knot off the and gently remove the egg from cling film.
4. Place thinly sliced avocado, poached egg on toast. Add peppers, rocket salad and a bit of orange zest to bring out beautiful aroma and zingy citrusy flavours.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, chilli flakes and the nut mix.
6. Serve with delicious cup of coffee! Enjoy!
With a background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.