Pistachio Raspberry and Rosewater Meringue Tower Recipe by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio
This pistachio raspberry and rosewater meringue tower recipe is a perfect summer soirée showstopper dessert. Impress your guests with this extravagant and heavenly but deceptively simple tower cake.
Serves approx. 10-12 depending on slices
– 7 egg whites
– 420g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 2 to 3 drops rose water
– Organic red rose petals (roses)
– 1 egg white, beaten
– 100g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 300ml cream
– 200g mascarpone cream
– 50g Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 300g raspberries, trimmed
– 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/gas 1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On the underside of the paper draw large, medium and small oval shapes, measuring 25cm, 20cm and 15cm across, ensuring that you can see the shape through the paper.
2. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gradually add in two thirds of the Siúcra Caster Sugar, a tablespoon at a time. Add the rose water and fold in the remaining Siúcra Caster Sugar.
3. Spoon the meringue mixture into a piping bag with a star or plain nozzle. Following the outline of the ovals, fill in using all the meringue. Secure the parchment paper to the baking sheet with a little meringue mixture to ensure the paper doesn’t lift in the oven.
4. Bake for 1½ hours. Switch off the oven and leave them in with the door closed to cool and set over night.
1. Pick the petals off and wipe lightly. Place the sugar into a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg white and using a paint brush, paint egg white onto the petal. Lightly dip the petals into the Siúcra Caster Sugar until very lightly covered. Place into a container and leave to dry.
1. Pour the cream, mascarpone and Siúcra Icing Sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk until a thick cream forms.
1. Place the large meringue base onto the cake stand, spread mascarpone cream onto the meringue, add just over half of the raspberries and place the next meringue layer on top just slightly off center. Now spread the rest of the cream over the meringue, sprinkle over the raspberries and place the last meringue oval on top.
1. Sprinkle the pistachios of the sides and a few on the top and add the crystalised roses.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.